Announcements for Friday, October 13, 2017
Today is Friday, October 13, 2017
Seven Period Day, Day 1B
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place in the second floor chapel today. Benediction will be offered ten minutes before the end of lunch.
- The Homecoming Dance has been rescheduled for Saturday, Nov. 11, from 8-11:30 pm at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. If you already purchased a ticket you can use it to get into the dance. Students still needing to purchase tickets will be able to do so the week before the dance at school.
- The executive board of the Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica will meet today at the beginning of lunch in Room 320.
- The choir will rehearse today during the first half of lunch in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs.
- The Politics and Pastries Club will be holding its first meeting today first half of lunch in Room 319.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Role-Playing Games Club will meet today after school in Room 112.
- The Boardgames Club will meet today in the Commons at 315 PM.
- The varsity football team will face Rummel tonight at Yulman Stadium (Tulane) with kickoff set for 7:00p.m. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale until 3:30 at the switchboard. Student ID’s will be accepted at the gate.
- The JV football team will play at Rummel on Saturday morning starting at 10:00AM.
- The Paintball Club will hold its next outing after exams on Friday, Oct. 20. The deadline to sign up in next Thursday.
- Top’s tip of the day: Blue Jay Spirit — Have you got it?
- Intramural football schedule for today:
- Field 1 – 904 vs. 905, referees: Bill Daley & William Hawkins
- Field 2 – 1003 vs. 1006, referees: David Laibe & Adrian Foley
- Field 3 – 1104 vs. 1107, referees: John Cashen & Matt Fanguy
- Field 4 – 1204 vs. 1207, referees: Blaire Loupe & Gabe Dupuy
- Congratulations to the Jesuit Swim Team for defeating Rummel 136 to 28. Outstanding swims came from Eric Boos, Sam Hanemann, and Ben Haase.
- On Thursday, the 8th grade football team defeated Rummel 20-12. The offense had touchdown runs by Matt Nugent, Xavier Glaude and Matt Knight. The defense was led by Dennis Dougherty and Christian Jackson.
- On Thursday, the 9th grade defeated Rummel 12-7, Jay Scott and Tripp Haddad caught touchdown passes. Luke Besh, Jack Larriviere and Brian Ridgley led the offense. Carson Miller led the defense.