Announcements for Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Today is Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Regular Order, Day 2
- Tomorrow is the school-wide standardized testing day. 8th and 9th graders will take the PSAT 8/9, and 10th and 11th graders will take the PSAT. There is no school for seniors tomorrow. Students in 8th through 11th grades are reminded to bring a calculator and sharpened #2 pencils for testing. Students should report to their homerooms in full school uniform by 7:45 am. Juniors should note that they will take the PSAT with their homerooms in classrooms on the first floor. 8th and 9th graders are expected to finish testing between 11:00 and 11:30; 10th and 11th graders are expected to finish testing between 11:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Please see your guidance counselor if you have any questions.
- The Jesuit Student Council is hosting pep-rally for the PSAT/NMSQT today during the second half of lunch in the Courtyard. There will be esteemed motivational speakers and #2 pencils.
- The varsity football team will face Rummel on Friday night at Yulman Stadium (Tulane) with kickoff set for 7:00p.m. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale daily at the switchboard from 7:30a.m.-3:30p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that student ID’s will be accepted at the gate.
- Mu Alpha Theta and Chi Alpha Mu members who are participating in the Ben Franklin Math Tournament are reminded that today is the deadline for returning the completed permission slip. See Ms. Schexnayder, Mrs. Brauner, or Mrs. Merritt with any questions or concerns.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Fantasy Football Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in the Band Room, Room 302.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- All players interested in trying out for this year’s JV and Varsity tennis teams this week will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 224. Please see Mr. Smith if you cannot attend, as all forms must be turned in in order to try out.
- Juniors attending the Nov. 3-5 Kairos should meet Thursday during the first half of lunch in Room 224.
- National Honor Society will meet Thursday during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- Biotechnology Club will meet for its first activity Thursday after school in Room 317. Please be sure to bring your fee for this activity. See Mrs. Tassin or Emory Ducote if you have questions.
- The varsity golf team will face Holy Cross this afternoon at Lakewood starting at 4:00PM.
- Math After School Tutoring will take place tomorrow after the PSAT tests, from 12:30 until 1:45 in Room 224.
- Seniors: St. Louis University is conducting interviews on campus on Thursday, October 26. Please sign up in the Guidance Office if you’re interested.
- Admission representatives from Spring Hill College, Catholic University of America, and Rice University will be available during lunch today in Room 120, 121, and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: There is never a wrong time to do the right thing.