Announcements for Monday, October 9, 2017
Today is Monday, October 9, 2017
Regular Order, Day 3
- This Wednesday, October 11th, is the school-wide standardized testing day. 8th and 9th graders will take the PSAT 8/9, and 10th and 11th graders will take the PSAT. There is no school for seniors that day. Students in 8th through 11th grades are reminded to bring a calculator and sharpened #2 pencils for testing. Students should report to their homerooms in full school uniform by 7:45 am. Juniors should note that they will take the PSAT with their homerooms in classrooms on the first floor. 8th and 9th graders are expected to finish testing between 11:00 and 11:30; 10th and 11th graders are expected to finish testing between 11:45 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Please see your guidance counselor if you have any questions.
- The Herpetology Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Seniors: This is last week that college counselors will be hosting College Application Workshops on Tuesday and Thursday. Drop in before school (beginning at 7am) or after school (until 3:45) in CL3 to ask specific questions or to work on any part of your college applications.
- Admission representatives from Furman University and the University of Dayton will be available today during lunch in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Water bottles are to be put in lockers or book bags not carried around.
- Under stormy skies in Baton Rouge, the cross country team competed Saturday in the Catholic Invitational at Highland Park. With over 30 teams in the meet, the Jays managed to finish in the top 10. Leading runners were Sophomore Brandon Hall and array of Seniors including Jonathan Arnold, Michael Williams, Brenner Rauch, and Ryan Guillot.