Announcements for Friday, April 21, 2017
Today is Friday, April 21, 2017
Regular Order, Day 4
- Adoration of the blessed sacrament will take place today in the second floor chapel. Benediction will take place ten minutes before the end of lunch.
- Any juniors and sophomores interested in the big brother program will meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Blue Jay student newspaper is now accepting applications for editorial positions for the 2017-18 school year. Anyone interested in writing or photography is invited to join the staff. For more information or to receive an application form, see Mr. Mahne in the Theology Office, Room 301.
- The choir will rehearse today during the first half of lunch in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs.
- The Preprandials will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 204.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Environmental Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 311.
- All juniors must turn in a completed service contract to Mr. Murphy today by the end of the day. You’ll receive a PH for each day it’s late.
- The Chess Team will meet today after school in Room 112.
- The 8th grade baseball team will continue play in the Jesuit Invitational this evening at John Ryan Stadium.
- The Disc Golf Club will play on Saturday at 2:00 in City Park.
- The varsity baseball team will close out its regular season on Saturday afternoon hosting St. Michael the Archangel of Baton Rouge at John Ryan Stadium. First pitch is set for 2:00. Senior Day ceremonies will follow the game.
- The Rugby team will play in the state championship against the Bayou Hurricanes at 5:00 p.m. on Sat, April 22, at the Gretna field.
- The Herpetology Club will meet Monday during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Any student interested in joining Jesuit’s cheerleading team and/or team Jayson, Jesuit’s mascot squad, should attend a brief meeting Tuesday during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: You are responsible for keeping this campus clean at all times.