Announcements for Thursday April 20, 2017
Today is Thursday, April 20, 2017
Regular Order, Day 5
- Homeroom teachers, please have a representative dump the small blue recycling bins into the large green recycling bin in the hallway.
- The Student Council is hosting the Homeroom Arm Wrestling Tournament today during lunch in the courtyard. Each homeroom should report to the courtyard at the beginning of lunch to compete.
- The Junior Prom is April 21, 2017, at The Board of Trade from 9:00 pm – midnight. Dress code is formal attire. Please check the Dance Information page on the Jesuit website for details. Tickets are sold in the Student Council office at lunch today and before school tomorrow. Tickets are $40 per couple pre-sale and $45 at the door. Students must arrive by 10 and the ock-in begins once you arrive. Parking will be difficult to find downtown, so plan accordingly.
- The Blue Jay student newspaper is now accepting applications for editorial positions for the 2017-18 school year. Anyone interested in writing or photography is invited to join the staff. For more information or to receive an application form, see Mr. Mahne in the Theology Office, Room 301.
- Juniors attending Eucharistic Minister training today are reminded to meet in the Campus Ministry Office immediately after homeroom.
- The swim team will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- Any juniors still looking for a service project are welcome to attend a meeting with the Israelite Baptist Church today during the second half of lunch in Room 212. The church runs a summer program for low-income kids.
- The Jesuit Robotics Team will hold a recruitment meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 115. Students interested in joining next year’s Robotics Team should stop by. Any student unable to attend should contact Mr. White.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 220 to watch Rear Window.
- The varsity track & field team will compete in the district meet this afternoon and evening at Tad Gormley Stadium. Field events begin at 4:00, while the running events start at 6:00.
- The varsity baseball team will host Brother Martin tonight with first pitch set for 6:00 at John Ryan Stadium.
- The 9th grade baseball team will play at Brother Martin this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- The 8th grade baseball team will continue play in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament this evening at Jefferson Playground.
- Today is the last day for prefreshmen to turn in forms for the 8th grade pilgrimage to San Antonio. forms should be turned in to Room 114 by 3pm.
- The Senior Faculty softball game will be played today at 4pm at John Ryan Stadium. Seniors not playing are invited to watch the game and eat jambalaya after the game in Pontiff Pavilion.
- Senior Intramural Cabbageball play-offs start today. All teams are playing. Check the schedule in homeroom.
- The Preprandials will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 204.
- All juniors must turn in a completed service contract to Mr. Murphy tomorrow by the end of the day. You’ll receive a PH for each day it’s late.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: Grooming standards must be met at all times. Yes, we will be checking tomorrow.