Announcements for Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Today is Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 6
- The Student Council is hosting the Homeroom Arm Wrestling Tournament tomorrow during lunch in the courtyard. Each homeroom should have its champion by the end of homeroom today. All students are invited to attend and participate.
- The Junior Prom is April 21, 2017, at The Board of Trade from 9:00 pm – midnight. Dress code is formal attire. Please check the Dance Information page on the Jesuit website for details. Tickets are sold in the Student Council office on Wednesday and Thursday at lunch and before school on Friday. Tickets are $40 per couple pre-sale and $45 at the door.
- The Classics Society will be available for Greek and Latin tutoring today during lunch in Room 413.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Student Ministry will meet today during lunch in Room 224 for all students interested in joining or running for office for next year.
- Students interested in participating in the 2017 LA State Scholastic Team and Individual Chess Championships should see Dr. Songy today during lunch in the Guidance Office.
- The varsity tennis team will complete LHSAA regional tournament play today starting at 8:00 at City Park.
- The JV baseball team will play at Brother Martin this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- The 8th grade baseball team will begin play in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament this afternoon hosting Rummel starting at 4:30 at John Ryan Stadium.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 220 to watch Rear Window.
- Tomorrow is the last day for prefreshmen to turn in forms for the 8th grade pilgrimage to San Antonio.
- The Senior Faculty cabbage ball game will be played tomorrow at 4pm at John Ryan Stadium.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: Food and/or drinks may only be consumed in cafeteria, commons and yard.
Congratulations to the quiz bowl teams. In a national computer tournament, the varsity team placed third and the JV placed fourth. This is the highest ranking for the varsity team in this tournament.
- The Freshmen Baseball Team defeated Rummel over the Easter break 11-to-3. Will Hellmers pitched the win for the Niners, and Connor Sarrat provided effective relief to close the last two innings of the game. Offensively, Hellmers and Chris Favolora led the Niners with two hits each.
- The varsity baseball team defeated Rummel 10-4. Marc Theberge, Stephen Sepcich and Sam Ovella had multiple hits. Marshall Lee hit a 3-run homerun.