Announcements for Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Today is Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Regular Order, Day 6
- All seniors are to report to the auditorium today immediately at the start of lunch. Enter through the back doors on Solomon St.
- Tomorrow is the school-wide standardized testing day. 8th and 9th graders will take the ACT Aspire test, and 10th and 11th graders will take the PSAT. There is no school for seniors tomorrow. Students in 8th through 11th grades are reminded to bring a calculator and sharpened #2 pencils for testing. Students should report to their testing rooms in full uniform by 7:45 am. 8th and 9th graders will test in alphabetically assigned classrooms on the second floor; 10th and 11th graders will test with their homerooms on the first and third floors. 8th and 9th graders are reminded that they will have an extended break during testing and should bring a lunch and/or money for chicken sandwiches. Testing is completed between 1:15 pm and 1:45 pm for 8th and 9th graders, and between 11:30 am and 12:00 noon for 10th and 11th graders. Please see your guidance counselor if you have any questions.
- The Blue Jay newspaper will hold a brief status meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 314.
- Senior Kairos leaders should meet today after school in the Campus Ministry office.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school in Room 204.
- The Intramural Golf Club will resume play today at City Park at 4PM.
- The varsity swimming team will compete in the District 9-5A championship meet on Wednesday starting at 4:30 at UNO. Students are admitted free with their IDs. Admission for adults is $5.
- Beach Volleyball Club will practice tomorrow from 5:00 to 6:30.
- We will follow a special assembly order this Thursday with a whole school assembly at the end of the day in the gym for the quadrennial Presidential Forum. The special assembly schedule can be downloaded here. On Friday morning we will meet in homeroom in order to facilitate voting for the mock presidential election.
- National Honor Society will meet in the auditorium on Thursday during the first half of lunch. This in an important meeting. Please see Mrs. Tassin if you have a conflict and cannot attend.
- 8th grade gym night will be held this Friday night starting at 6pm in the Roussel Building. Registration forms will be passed out tomorrow in homeroom. Forms will be due Thursday at lunch to Room 114.
- The varsity football team will host Archbishop Shaw on Saturday afternoon with kickoff set for 4:00 at Zephyr Field. Pre-sale ticket prices are $6 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit and non-Archbishop Shaw) and $3 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard Wednesday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. and on Friday at lunch in the Student Commons. All tickets purchased at the are $8 each. Note that student IDs and season passes will be accepted for admission. Parking at Zephyr Field is $5. In addition, there is an area where students may be dropped off and and picked up by parents at no charge.
- All students must register with the Selective Service System on their 18th birthday. You can register by logging in to www.sss.gov. You will need your Social Security number to register. If you have questions, please see Mr. Schiro in the Guidance Office.
- All seniors are reminded to check the schedule of service project reflections posted in homerooms and on CANVAS. Failure to report to your reflection will result in a PH.
- The College Fair at Jesuit will take place on Thursday, October 20 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM in the Commons. This fair is for Jesuit students and their parents and is an excellent time to connect with a variety of schools. See your college counselor with any questions.
- Admission representatives from TCU, University of Rochester, and St. Edward’s University will be available during lunch today in Rooms 120, 121, and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Now is a good time to review the bulletin with reference to what is allowed to be worn in cooler weather.
- Today’s intramural football games have been cancelled.