Announcements for Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Today is Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Regular Order, Day 4
- The Blue Jay newspaper is preparing an edition in honor of Fr. Fitzgerald and wants your tributes included. If you would like to share a memory, whether it’s a classroom story, a lunchtime chat in the Commons, or an inspiring homily from Mass, you may e-mail it to the moderator, Mr. Mahne, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students interested in debate, diplomacy, and global issues should attend a meeting for the new Model United Nations club tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 204.
- Any freshman or sophomore interested in trying out for the freshman or JV basketball teams will meet today during first half of lunch in the basketball gym.
- National Honor Society members being inducted will have a rehearsal meeting today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium. See Mrs. Tassin if you have a conflict before the meeting.
- Ninth Grade Sodality will meet today during the first half of lunch in room 202.
- The JV and Varsity tennis team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 120.
- The Programming Club will meet today after school in Computer Lab 2.
- The Disc Golf Club will play today at 3:30 in City Park.
- The 8th grade football team will host St. Augustine this afternoon on Will Clark Field starting at 4:30.
- The Classics Society will be available for Greek and Latin tutoring tomorrow during lunch in Room 413.
- The PrePrandials will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 204. Prospective members are reminded to turn in their forms and dues at the meeting.
- The varsity football team will face St. Augustine in the district opener on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale ticket prices are $6.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be on sale Wednesday through Friday at the switchboard from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm and in the Commons on Friday during lunch. Note that student id’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: Cameras are everywhere -what are you doing when your picture is being taken and you don’t know it is.
- Intramural football schedule for today:
- Field 1: 906 vs. 902, referees: Tyler Johnson & John Alikhani
- Field 2: 1105 vs. 1103, referees: Nathan Farley & Rowley Redmann
- Field 3: 1106 vs. 1102, referees: John Schmidt & Paul Treuting
- Field 4: 1205 vs. 1202, referees: Chad Eichhorn & Jacob Acosta