Announcements for Friday, September 9, 2016
Today is Friday, September 9, 2016
Assembly Order #2, Day 5
- Today we are following an Assembly Order #2, with an assembly period from 11:30 – 12:30. While the seniors are rehearsing for ring mass, the rest of the student body will have grade-level assemblies. 8th graders and their 4th period teachers will report to the commons for a guidance department assembly. 9th, 10th, and 11th graders and their 4th period teachers will report to the auditorium for an assembly regarding the results of last year’s Student Attitudes and Behavior Survey. Students will be dismissed by grade level following 4th period. Students should leave their books in their 4th period classrooms. Please see Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office if you have any questions.
- The elections for the Homecoming Court will take place today during lunch in the Commons. These elections are for freshmen, juniors, and seniors only. Pictures of the candidates will be posted today on the first floor bulletin boards.
- The choir will meet today during lunch in Room 304.
- Any students interested in Student 2 Student, a confidential peer support group open to students in all grade levels who are dealing with stress, grief and loss, family problems, and various other issues, are invited to attend a meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 329. Please see Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office if you have any questions.
- The chess team will meet today after school in Room 111.
- The varsity football team will play at St. Paul’s tonight with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $6 each for adults, students, and children. Tickets purchased at the gate are $8 each. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard today until 4:00 p.m. and in the student commons during lunch. Note that both student ID’s and passes will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest. Students are encouraged to purchase tickets at Jesuit.
- The varsity swimming team will compete in the High School Kickoff meet on Saturday at UNO starting at 2:00.
- The JV Football team will play at Brother Martin on Saturday starting at 10:00.
- The 8th grade football team will open its season on Saturday hosting Brother Martin at John Ryan Stadium starting at 10:00.
- The varsity cross country team will open its season on Saturday competing in the Mt. Carmel Cub Invitational starting at 9:00 in City Park. The junior high race is scheduled for 10:00, while the jv follows at 10:30.
- The Senior Ring Dance will be held tomorrow evening from 9 pm-Midnight at the Board of Trade. Tickets will be on sale this week during lunch in the Student Council, Room 113. Tickets will also be sold tomorrow morning. Dance Information as well as dress code can be found on the school website.
- Tryouts for the Junior Varsity Quiz Bowl Team will be held Monday through Friday, Sept. 12-16, during the first half of lunch in Room 412. Prefreshmen, freshmen, and sophomore are eligible to try out.
- Juniors & Seniors: A representative from the Blood Center will be in the Commons on Tuesday, Sept. 13 to provide information and begin signing up donors for the Blood Drive to be held the following week. Please see Mrs. Tassin if you have questions.
- The Teen Ambassadors Against Crime (TAAC) Leadership Program sponsored by Crimestoppers is a citywide leadership program designed to help students gain a better understanding of the criminal justice system. Anyone interested in this program should contact Mr. Ernst by e-mail for more information.
- An admission representative from Southeastern Louisiana University will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: Blue Jay Spirit — Have you got it?
- Intramural football season begins today. All referees who have signed up should report to the back field at the beginning of lunch for a rules clinic. Next week’s schedule is posted on the first floor bulletin boards.
- Intramural football schedule for today:
- Field 1: 802 vs. 801
- Field 2: 803 vs. 808
- Field 3: 804 vs. 807
- Field 4: 805 vs. 806