Announcements for Thursday, September 8, 2016
Today is Thursday, September 8, 2016
Regular Order, Day 6
- Rush Days will conclude today during lunch in the Commons. Co-curricular organizational displays will be set up during these days for students to sign up for a club, team, or organization.
- Tomorrow, Sept. 9, we will follow an Assembly Order #2, with an assembly period from 11:30 – 12:30. While the seniors are rehearsing for ring mass, the rest of the student body will have grade-level assemblies. 8th graders and their 4th period teachers will report to the commons for a guidance department assembly. 9th, 10th, and 11th graders and their 4th period teachers will report to the auditorium for an assembly regarding the results of last year’s Student Attitudes and Behavior Survey. Students will be dismissed by grade level following 4th period. Students should leave their books in their 4th period classrooms. Please see Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office if you have any questions.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in the Commons to collect recycling bins.
- The varsity swimming team will open its season this afternoon vs. Mandeville at Franco’s starting at 4:00.
- Any students interested in Student 2 Student, a confidential peer support group open to students in all grade levels who are dealing with stress, grief and loss, family problems, and various other issues, are invited to attend a meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 329. Please see Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office if you have any questions.
- The elections for the Homecoming Court will take place tomorrow at lunch in the Commons. Pictures of the candidates will be posted today on the first floor bulletin boards.
- The Stage Crew of the Jesuit Philelectic Society will meet today from 3-5:30 pm. New members are welcome. Stage Crew applications and safety contracts can be found on the Phils page of the Jesuit website or in Room 201.
- The varsity football team will play at St. Paul’s tomorrow night with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $6 each for adults, students, and children. Tickets purchased at the gate are $8 each. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard today and tomorrow from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and tomorrow in the student commons during lunch. Note that both student ID’s and passes will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest. Students are encouraged to purchase tickets at Jesuit.
- The Cheerleaders will be offering a Spirit Bus to the Football game this Friday at St. Paul’s. Cost is $10 per student. Permission forms can be picked up outside of Room 114. Space is limited so sign-up early.
- Paintball club will have its first outing on Saturday, Sept. 17. Sign up forms are available outside the ROTC office. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno for further details.
- Any prefreshmen interested in running for a class level Student Council position (president, vice president, or representative at large) can pick up a form outside the Student Council Office, Room 113. Forms are due Tuesday, Sept. 13.
- Pre-Freshmen in Algebra I interested in participating in the Math Competition on September 14th should pick up a form on the bulletin board outside of the Math Office, Room 328.
- The Senior Ring Dance will be held this Saturday from 9 pm-Midnight at the Board of Trade. Tickets will be on sale this week during lunch in the Student Council, Room 113. Tickets will also be sold tomorrow morning. Dance Information as well as dress code can be found on the school website.
- An admission representative from Emory University will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s Tip of the Day: It may be a joke to you, but it may be harassment to someone else.
- The Intramural Football season will start tomorrow during the first half of lunch on Will Clark field with the 8th grade jamboree and referee rules clinic. All 8th grade homerooms will play and all referees are expected to show up for a rules clinic. The schedule for the first two rounds of play will be posted on Friday on the first floor bulletin board by the bathrooms.