Announcements for Thursday, May 19, 2016
Today is Thursday, May 19, 2016
Fourth Quarter Exam Schedule
- Today’s exams are Math, Latin, and Study Skills.
- Students should not be in the hallways during the exam period or between exam periods. Once you complete your exam you should exit the hallways quietly. You may remain in the Commons, Resource Center, or the yard during this time
- Teachers in classrooms, labs and offices please ask a student volunteer to empty your recycling bin into the green bin at the end of the hall at some point today.
- The Green Club will meet in the Commons near the bookstore for a pick up today after first and second exam.
- Volunteers will be available to accept used books today after exams in Room 329. An envelope with the following printed information must be included in each book that is dropped off for sale: name of book, name of student, and phone number of student. Each book turned in should have the student’s name printed inside the book to help keep the proper book matched to the proper envelope. Books that will not be accepted for sale are workbooks, SAT books, PSAT, ACT, SAT prep course books, Writing Handbook, and state books. Novels in good condition will be accepted as donations only.
- Have you cleaned out your locker yet? Remember that you have to do it today. And remember to put your used school supplies in the boxes on each floor to help Operation Homefront. The supplies will be used by special forces soldiers in Africa and Southwest Asia to help the indigenous people. It may be used to you, but it’s gold to them. So please support the drive.
Each year the National Park Service, in observance of Memorial Day, asks for volunteers to place American flags at the graves of servicemen at the Chalmette Cemetery. The morning of Friday, May 27, Jesuit students will answer this call and help place the flags. After placing the flags, we will tour the Chalmette Battlefield and eat lunch at Rocky & Carlo’s. If you are interested in helping, please see LtCol. Huete is Room 107 for details.
- All sophomores are reminded to attend the Class of 2018 Interviews on Monday, May 23. Students and parents should check in at the Resource Center a few minutes before their scheduled interview time. Please refer to the website or speak to your guidance counselor for more information.
- Sophomores and Juniors are invited to attend a training this summer at the University Medical Center to become a facilitator in new a program called Impact News, a program sponsored by the Sudden Impact staff at the Trauma Center. Impact News will provide education to next year’s 8th graders regarding underage drinking, riding in cars with people who are impaired, and bullying. The program is designed as a precursor to the 10th grade Sudden Impact Program, and it is taught to the 8th graders by trained upper classmen. 10th and 11th graders interested in receiving this training should see Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office today.
- Juniors interested in math help for the June ACT should see Mr. Lavie after exams in Room 227.
- All juniors going on a service trip to Latin America this summer should stop by Mr. Murphy’s office today to pick up their gear.