Announcements for Thursday, May 12, 2016
Today is Thursday, May 12, 2016
Regular Order, Day 4
- The Student Council will host an inflatable jousting competition today during lunch in the courtyard. Students who are interested in participating can sign up by ten minute break outside the student council office, Room 113.
- Friday is the last day of school. When you clean out your locker, keep your books for the used book sale, throw away the trash, but make sure you donate your used school supplies to Operation Homefront for use by our soldiers in community relations activities in Africa and Southwest Asia. We’re looking for pencils, pens, looseleaf paper, notebooks (with used pages removed), erasers, and pencil cases. Just place your donations in the boxes placed on each floor.
- Applications for next year’s editorial board of The Blue Jay, Jesuit’s award-winning student newspaper, are now available. To apply for an editorial position, or if you are interested in being a writer or photographer for the newspaper, see Mr. Mahne in Room 301.
- Mu Alpha Theta members should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 332 to elect officers for next school year. Please note that this is a change from the day previously announced.
- Members of the Media Club are invited to attend the year-end lunch today in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Herpetology Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Students planning to take Spanish IV honors, Spanish AP or Spanish V should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 222.
- Pre-prandials will hold its final meeting of the school year today during the first half of lunch in Room 314.
- Anyone interested in running cross country for the 2016 season should attend a meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- All returning baseball players should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 416.
- The Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 227.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Green Club will meet outside of Room 122 today after school for a pick up. New members are welcome.
- The Table Tennis Team will meet today after school in Room 202.
- The varsity football team will face De La Salle in its spring game this afternoon starting at 4:30 at Pan American Stadium in City Park. Admission is $5 each for adults and students (from non-participating schools) and $1 each for students with ID (from participating schools) and children (ages 6-11).
- J-Troupe, Jesuit’s improv comedy group, will be performing this evening at The Castle Theater on Williams Boulevard in Kenner to close their 2015-16 performing season. Tickets are $10, and the doors open at 6:00 p.m. The show is to start at 6:30 p.m.
- The Boardgames Club will meet tomorrow at 3:15 pm in the Commons. All collectible card game players are welcome and there will be a discussion about forming a club for their hobby.
- Athletic Physical Day is scheduled for Saturday morning, May 14, from 9:00-11:00 in the first floor hallway. Any student trying out for or belonging to a Jesuit athletic team is required to have an LHSAA physical form on record with the athletic office. Forms may be obtained from a head coach, athletic training staff personnel, or from the athletic office. They are also all available on the Jesuit website. Physicals administered on this day are of no cost to students. This will be the only day that physicals will be administered at Jesuit in preparation for the 2016-2017 school year.