Announcements for Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Today is Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Regular Order, Day 5
- Homeroom Representatives, please empty your recycling bin into the green bin at the end of the hall. Teachers in non-homeroom classrooms please ask a student volunteer to empty your recycling bin at some point today.
- Friday is the last day of school. When you clean out your locker, keep your books for the used book sale, throw away the trash, but make sure you donate your used school supplies to Operation Homefront for use by our soldiers in community relations activities in Africa and Southwest Asia. We’re looking for pencils, pens, looseleaf paper, notebooks (with used pages removed), erasers, and pencil cases. Just place your donations in the boxes placed on each floor.
- Applications for next year’s editorial board of The Blue Jay, Jesuit’s award-winning student newspaper, are now available. To apply for an editorial position, or if you are interested in being a writer or photographer for the newspaper, see Mr. Mahne in Room 301.
- Students planning to take Spanish III honors next year should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 222.
- Juniors interested in joining the Biotechnology Club for the 2016 – 2017 school year are encouraged to attend a meeting today during the first half of lunch in room 317. See Mrs. Tassin or Samy Amkieh if you have questions.
- Mu Alpha Theta members should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 332 to elect officers for next school year. Please note that this is a change from the day previously announced.
- Anyone who has signed up for driver’s Ed this summer will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 212.
- The Chorus will have their last rehearsal today after school in Room 201.
- The Frisbee Golf Club will play today at 3:30 in City Park.
- Members of the Media Club are invited to attend the year-end lunch tomorrow in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The Student Council will host an inflatable jousting competition tomorrow during of lunch in the courtyard. Students who are interested in participating can sign up outside the student council office, Room 113, any time this week.
- Anyone interested in running cross country for the 2016 season should attend a meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- All returning baseball players should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 416.
- The Investment Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 227.
- The Green Club will meet outside of Room 122 tomorrow after school for a pick up. New members are welcome.
- The varsity football team will face De La Salle in its spring game tomorrow afternoon starting at 4:30 at Pan American Stadium in City Park. Admission is $5 each for adults and students (from non-participating schools) and $1 each for students with ID (from participating schools) and children (ages 6-11).
- J-Troupe, Jesuit’s improv comedy group, will be performing tomorrow evening at The Castle Theater on Williams Boulevard in Kenner to close their 2015-16 performing season. Tickets are $10, and the doors open at 6:00 p.m. The show is to start at 6:30 p.m.
- Additional copies of this year’s Calliope are available for $1 each. See Mr. Smith or Mr. Wyss in the English Department.
- Athletic Physical Day is scheduled for Saturday morning, May 14, from 9:00-11:00 in the first floor hallway. Any student trying out for or belonging to a Jesuit athletic team is required to have an LHSAA physical form on record with the athletic office. Forms may be obtained from a head coach, athletic training staff personnel, or from the athletic office. They are also all available on the Jesuit website. Physicals administered on this day are of no cost to students. This will be the only day that physicals will be administered at Jesuit in preparation for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The end of the year foosball tournament was a great success with many hard fought battles of Blue Jays against fellow Blue Jays. When the dust settled, one team stood victorious. Congratulations to the Champions, Samy Amkieh and Thomas Sagona.