Announcements for Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Today is Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Regular Order, Day 4
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. As the spring sports head toward post-season play show your Blue Jay Spirit by wearing a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt on Friday.
- Those interested in being next year’s Student Council homeroom representatives can pick up nomination forms from the Student Council Office, Room 113. Forms are due tomorrow.
- The golf team will begin play in the state tournament this afternoon starting at 1:00 at The Farm D’Allie Golf Club in Carencro.
- The Herpetology Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Mu Alpha Theta members interested in running for office for next school year should attend a brief meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 332. See Ms. Schexnayder if you are not able to attend the meeting.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch Moonrise Kingdom.
- The Jesuit Rugby Team will face the Bayou Hurricanes this Thursday, May 5th; at the Gretna Rugby Pitch with kickoff set for 6:00 PM.
- Spring Sports Recognition Night is scheduled on Thursday night at 6:30 in the auditorium. All baseball, bowling, golf, tennis, and track & field lettermen are expected to be in attendance. Report time for all lettermen is 6:10. Attire is coat and tie.
- Twelve Blue Jays, through their success in local academic games competitions, qualified to participate in the National Academic Gmes tournament: senior William Dowling, Sophs Michael Farrugia, David Gravolet, Caleb Rogers, Daniel Sentilles, Tanner Tripoli, Ryan Tucker, Freshmen Nick Cibilich, Matthew Dowling, Holden Horridge, and pre-freshmen Milan mardia and Aqib Zakaria.
They played on conglomerate teams with students from other area school.
Will Dowling’s team finshed 4th in “Presidents”, 7th in “Propaganda” and 8th in the sweepstakes competition.
Gravolet, Matthew Dowling, and Rogers played on a team that finished 1st in Presidents, 2nd in Propaganda, 4th in On-Sets, and 4th in sweepstakes.
Farrugia, Tucker, Tripoli, and Cibilich finished 3rd in Propaganda, 7th in On-sets, and 7th in sweepstakes.
Mardia and Zakaria’s team finished 2nd in Propaganda, 2nd in On-sets, 8th in Presidents, 7th in Equations, and 4th in sweepstakes.
Individually, top performers were Cibilich in On-sets (7th), Dowling and Rogers in Presidents (2nd and 1st respectively), Tucker in On-sets (2nd, after a perfect score in the divisional rounds), Gravolet and Rogers in Propaganda (9th and 5th respectively), Zakaria (10th in equations, 4th in Linguishtik) Mardia (7th in On-sets), and Rogers in sweepstakes (7th).