Announcements for Monday, May 2, 2016
Today is Monday, May 2, 2016
Regular Order, Day 5
- Those interested in being next year’s Student Council homeroom representatives can pick up nomination forms from the Student Council Office, Room 113.
- There will be a meeting for new Eucharistic Ministers today in the third floor chapel during the first half of lunch.
- The 80s Music Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Media Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214 to work on a graphic design project.
- All players interested in trying out for Jesuit’s tennis team next year will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 220. All returning varsity and junior varsity players should also attend this vital meeting.
- Twelve Blue Jays, through their success in local academic games competitions, qualified to participate in the National Academic Games tournament. They were senior William Dowling, sophmores Michael Farrugia, David Gravolet, Caleb Rogers, Daniel Sentilles, Tanner Tripoli, Ryan Tucker, freshmen Nick Cibilich, Matthew Dowling, Holden Horridge, and pre-freshmen Milan Mardia and Aqib Zakaria.
They played on conglomerate teams with students from other area schools.
Will Dowling’s team finshed 4th in “Presidents”, 7th in “Propaganda” and 8th in the sweepstakes competition.
Gravolet, Matthew Dowling, and Rogers played on a team that finished 1st in Presidents, 2nd in Propaganda, 4th in On-Sets, and 4th in sweepstakes.
Farrugia, Tucker, Tripoli, and Cibilich finished 3rd in Propaganda, 7th in On-sets, and 7th in sweepstakes.
Mardia and Zakaria’s team finished 2nd in Propaganda, 2nd in On-sets, 8th in Presidents, 7th in Equations, and 4th in sweepstakes.
Individually, top performers were Cibilich in On-sets (7th), Dowling and Rogers in Presidents (2nd and 1st respectively), Tucker in On-sets (2nd, after a perfect score in the divisional rounds), Gravolet and Rogers in Propaganda (9th and 5th respectively), Zakaria (10th in equations, 4th in Linguishtik) Mardia (7th in On-sets), and Rogers in sweepstakes (7th).