Announcements for Monday, April 11, 2016
Today is Monday, April 11, 2016
Regular Order, Day 6
- The following clubs and organizations should report to the chapel steps during first half of lunch today for a group photo: Debate Team and Student Ministry.
- The following clubs and organizations should report to the chapel steps during second half of lunch today for a group photo: Classics Society, Cycling Club, Jesuit Community Action Project (J-CAP), and Outdoors Club.
- The Chorus will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 203.
- Members of Peer Support should report for a topic meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Pre-Med Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 407 to discuss upcoming events. All students are welcome to attend.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch Bridge of Spies. All are welcome.
- The JV baseball team will play St. Augustine this afternoon starting at 4:30 at Wesley Barrow/RBI Field.
- The 9th grade baseball team will host Chalmette this afternoon starting at 5:00 at John Ryan Stadium.
- The Fencing Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 204.
- The National Honor Society will sponsor a blood drive on Thursday, April 14. You can sign up to donate blood in Room 222 or Room 317 during lunch any day this week.
- The MCJROTC Program will host a leadership camp in Pensacola, Florida, from 6 to 10 June 2016. During this camp, cadets will visit the USS Alabama museum, conduct physical training, run the obstacle course, see the Blue Angels, tour local sites and museums, and practice leadership. Although mainly for ROTC cadets, it is open to all Jesuit students desiring to learn about leadership. If you are interested, come to a meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 110.
- The JV baseball team defeated Belle Chasse by a score of 12-2. Christian Hess had a fine pitching performance and Gavin Detillier closed the game. Grant Saunders, Mike Torrey, Wyatt Candies, Collin Oubre and Sean Seghers all had multiple hit games. Congrats!
- Last Friday, Jesuit’s Rugby Team beat the Shreveport Rugby Club 31-12, with tries from Cole Retif, Jack Gab, William Waguespack, and two from Nick Fresneda. Case Ellis was named Man of the Match.
- Mu Alpha Theta, led by senior officers Harrison Millar, Steven Sellers, Andrew Vuong, and Matthew Miceli, competed this past weekend at the State Math Tournament in Baton Rouge. The team effort, with over 60 participants contributing, was paced by the following results:
Theta (Geometry and Algebra II): 1st
Alpha (Analysis): 5th
Mu (Calculus): 3rd
Math Bowl Teams:
Theta Team (David Gravolet, John Thomas Holmes, Timmy Stahel, and Malcolm Sundell): 3rd
Alpha Team (Samy Amkieh, Cameron Armand, Christian Gonzalez, and Andrew Souther): 1st
Mu B Calculus Team (William Dowling, John James, Cameron Kaupp, Matthew Miceli): 4th
Analysis Gemini Team (Chris Abadie and Charles Korndorffer): 1st
Theta Gemini Team (Garrett Crumb and Michael Farrugia): 1st
Hustle Team A (Connor Maheu, Jack Quaglino, Caleb Rogers, and Jack Zvonek): 3rd
The following students placed in the top three for their individual or area tests:
Troy Broussard, Peter Carr, Garrett Crumb, Anton Derbes, William Dowling, Bradley Fugetta, Graeme Mjehovich, and William Schott.
Jesuit finished second overall in the state tournament, and brought back this Sweepstakes trophy.
Please check the website for a complete list of awards. Congratulations to Mu Alpha Theta.