Announcements for Friday, April 8, 2016
Today is Friday, April 8, 2016
Regular Order, Day 7
- All seniors report to the auditorium at the beginning of lunch today. Enter using the Solomon street entrance.
- Eucharistic Adoration will take place in the second floor chapel throughout the day today. Benediction will be ten minutes before the end of lunch.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society presents the spring musical production of ON THE TOWN. The Performances are tonight and tomorrow at 7:30 PM, and tomorrow at 2:00 PM, and April 15 & 16 at 7:30 PM. Tickets may be purchased his week during lunch in the Commons, and are available now through the Jesuit website. Advanced student tickets are $10.00.
- There will be no club yearbook photos taken today.
- All students who submitted original artwork for this year’s Calliope should pick up their art from Mr. Smith in Room 220.
- There will be a jambalaya lunch for all MCJROTC cadets today during lunch on the chapel steps. All cadets and students interested in the ROTC are invited to attend.
- The Blue Jay newspaper will hold a status meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 304. Any writers with stories assigned for the next issue, as well as all editors, should attend.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The chess team will meet today after school in Room 220. Students competing in the 2016 National Junior High (K-9) Championship in Indianapolis must speak with Mr. Songy by the end of the day today.
- The Boardgames Club will meet today from 3:15 – 5:30 pm in the Commons.
- The Jay’s Rugby Team will face Shreveport tonight at the city park rugby field, across from Marconi, with kickoff set for 5:30.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the Tiger Relays this afternoon and evening at Thibodaux High.
- The JV track and field team will compete in the Keefe Hecker Invitational on Saturday at Tad Gormley.
- The varsity baseball team will face Rummel tonight with first pitch set for 7:00 at Kirsch-Rooney. On Saturday night, the team will host Brother Martin starting at 7:00 at John Ryan Stadium.
- The 9th grade baseball team will host Rummel this afternoon starting at 4:30 at John Ryan Stadium.
- The 8th grade baseball team will host Hannan tonight starting at 6:30 at John Ryan Stadium.
- The 8th grade baseball team will continue play in the Brother Martin Tournament on Saturday facing Rummel at 11:00 and Northshore at 1:00.
- There will be a guest speaker for all Quiz Bowl members next Thursday Mark your calendars and make plans to attend.
- This past weekend the Jesuit Rugby Team traveled to the University of South Alabama and defeated Niceville, Florida, 66-0.
- The Debate Team continued its late season success at the Louisiana State Championship last weekend. In Lincoln-Douglas Debate, sophomore Robert Cerise won his first state championship, Jesuit’s impressive fifth straight Lincoln-Douglas state title. In Public Forum Debate, Jesuit’s senior team of Andrew Cerise and Mayank Mardia went undefeated and met Jesuit’s junior team of Jaime Colon and Andrew Souther in finals to share the state championship. This is Cerise and Mardia’s second state title, and they end their debate careers as the two most accomplished Public Forum Debaters in Louisiana History. Congratulations to these State