Announcements for Thursday, April 7, 2016
Today is Thursday, April 7, 2016
Assembly Order #2, Day 1
- At today’s assembly, the MCJROTC will hold its annual parade and review. Each year the ROTC honors a member of the faculty. This year’s honoree is Mr. Andrew Schiro, Jesuit’s long-time 8th grade counselor. Mr. Schiro will be honored for his 35 years of service to Jesuit High School.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society presents the spring musical production of ON THE TOWN. The preview performance is tonight at 6:30 PM. The Performances are tomorrow and Saturday at 7:30 PM, and Saturday at 2:00 PM, and April 15 & 16 at 7:30 PM. Tickets may be purchased his week during lunch in the Commons, and are available now through the Jesuit website. Advanced student tickets are $10.00.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to support the various co-curricular and athletic endeavors this weekend.
- All students who submitted original artwork for this year’s Calliope should pick up their art from Mr. Smith in Room 220.
- All students interested in running for student council class level officers may pick up forms in Room 113 this week. Forms are due next Tuesday.
- The following clubs and organizations should report to the chapel steps during first half of lunch today for a group photo: Academic Games, Acoustic Guitar Club, Chi Alpha Mu, Foosball Club, and Fencing Club.
- The following clubs and organizations should report to the chapel steps during second half of lunch today for a group photo: Art Club, Asian Club, Beach Volleyball Club, Blue Jay Annual, and The Blue Jay Newspaper.
- All lettermen in basketball, soccer, and wrestling should report to the hallway outside of Room 132 today during the first half of lunch for letterman jacket, patch, and strip distribution.
- All Slam n Jam teams will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 112 .
- The Herpetology Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Anyone interested in taking driver’s Ed this summer will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 212.
- PrePrandials will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 314.
- The Real Estate Interest Group will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 217.
- The Jesuit Prolife Club will host guest speaker Deanna Wallace, J.D., from Louisiana Right to Life, today during the entire lunch period in Room 329. Ms. Wallace will speak on personhood and the law. All are invited.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in the Commons for a pick up.
- The Frisbee Golf Club will play today at 3:30 in City Park.
- The 8th grade baseball team will begin play in the Brother Martin Tournament this afternoon vs. Holy Cross starting at 3:30 at Brother Martin.
- The golf team will face Holy Cross this afternoon starting at 4:00 at Lakewood.
- The JV tennis team will face Rummel this afternoon starting at 4:00 at UNO.
- The JV baseball team will play at Belle Chase this afternoon starting at 5:00.
- The Blue Jay newspaper will hold a status meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 304. Any writers with stories assigned for the next issue, as well as all editors, should attend.
- The Boardgames Club will meet tomorrow from 3:15 – 5:30 pm in the Commons.
- The senior intramural cabbage league will begin today on Will Clark field. The game schedule is posted on the first floor bulletin board.