Announcements for Monday, April 4, 2016
Today is Monday, April 4, 2016
Regular Order, Day 4
- All students interested in running for student council class level officers may pick up forms in Room 113 this week.
- All varsity quiz bowl members should meet today during the first half of lunch to plan the remainder of the year.
- Juniors in National Honor Society will meet today during either half of lunch in Room 317. Please see Mrs. Tassin if you have a conflict.
- Student 2 Student will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- Students attending the Kairos retreat this weekend, April 8-10, should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 224.
- The JV baseball team will host Brother Martin this afternoon starting at 4:30 at John Ryan Stadium.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society presents the spring musical production of ON THE TOWN. The preview performance is April 7 a 6:30 PM. The Performances are April 8 & 9 at 7:30 PM, and April 9 at 2:00 PM, and April 15 & 16 at 7:30 PM. Tickets may be purchased at lunch in the Commons beginning April 4, and are available now through the Jesuit website. Advanced student tickets are $10.00.
- The Tennis Team defeated Brother Martin 7-0 last Thursday at UNO. Jonathan and Jacob Niehaus led the way, posting wins at Lines 1 & 2 singles, and then teaming up for a shutout at Line 1 doubles. Also notching singles wins for the Jays were Jack Steib and Graham Buck. In doubles play, Brandon Beck and Trey Hamlin teamed up for a win at Line 2, while Cristian Archaga paired with Jack Steib for the win at Line 3. The team is now 8-0 in dual meet play.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Baseball Team as they improved to 17-5 for the season after they beat Archbishop Shaw, 11-6. Offensively the Jays were lead by Haden Fuentes and Mark Theberge who each had 3 hits. Chris Beebe came in relief to pick up the win, while Richard Oubre came in for the final 3 innings for the save.
- On Saturday Jesuit sent 3 quiz bowl teams to the LSU Invitational tournament. In an grueling 12 games in 6 hours and despite being 1 team member short, the all-senior team of D.J. Ogbomah, Stephen Owers and captain Anthony Stoner went 11-1 to win the tournament by easily defeating in the finals the only team that had earlier beaten them –Baton Rouge Magnet. Anthony Stoner was the second highest point scorer in the tournament. Team B, composed of sophomores William Brown and Manuel Molina along with juniors Keegan Rooney and captain Preston Warwick, was seeded 5th. Like the A team, they came back to defeat a team that had earlier defeated them but then were defeated in the quarter finals by the A team. Team C, an all freshmen team composed of Matthew Dowling, Bradley Fugetta, Christopher Vuong and captain Dexter Webster, managed to defeat 4 varsity teams including one which had beaten them earlier.