Announcements for Friday, April 1, 2016
Today is Friday, April 1, 2016
Regular Order, Day 5
- All PE classes are to meet in the Commons today.
- All Band Members are to report to the Auditorium immediately after the Assembly is over.
- The third annual Carrollton Clash will be held in the Birdcage on Saturday from 1:00 to 3:00 PM. Shirts are being sold in junior and senior homerooms for $10, and your shirt is your ticket into the event.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Sportsmen’s Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 313.
- The varsity track team will compete in the Mobile (AL) Challenge of Champions on Saturday.
- The varsity baseball team will host Shaw on Saturday afternoon with first pitch set for 2:07 at John Ryan Stadium. There will be a live television broadcast of the game on CST-TV.
- The 9th grade baseball team will play at Shaw on Saturday starting at 11:30.
- The 8th grade baseball team will host Northshore tonight in a doubleheader starting at 6:00 at John Ryan Stadium.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society presents our spring musical production of ON THE TOWN. The preview performance is April 7th a 6:30PM. The Performances are April 8th & 9th at 7:30PM, and April 9th at 2:00PM, and April 15th & 16th at 7:30PM. Tickets may be purchased at lunch in the Commons beginning Monday, April 4, and are available now through the Jesuit website. Advanced student tickets are $10.00.
- Come out and join the paintball club on its next outing Saturday, April 16th. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno with any questions.
- Students must register with the Selective Service System on their 18th birthday by logging on to WWW.SSS. GOV. Questions should be directed to Mr. Schiro in the Guidance Office.
- Jesuit’s Varsity Quiz Bowl team, composed of seniors Andrew Cerise and D.J. Ogbomah, sophomore Caleb Rogers and captained by senior Anthony Stoner went undefeated on Mr. 19 at the LAAC State Championship tournament to capture Jesuit’s 9th straight Division 1 championship. They then competed in the Final Four Division playoffs, defeating Division 2 champion Vandebilt 330 to 135 and Division 4 champion Episcopal School of Acadiana 385 to 265 to win the overall state LAAC championship. Tomorrow at LSU the team continues their quest towards a NAQT state championship. The team would like to thank the faculty team players who have helped prepare them for their success.
The Varsity Bowling team won its first match of the bi-regional round over Salmen by a score of 18 to 9. Standout performances included Peyton Schillaci’s 211 game; Adam Francis’s 632 series, featuring games of 214 and 253; and Peyton Hidalgo’s 677 series, featuring games of 234 and 256. In the second game of the bi-regional, the bowling team fell to Brother Martin to end its season, but Peyton Hidalgo advanced in the singles division and will compete for an individual state title. Congratulations to the bowling team for a successful season.