Announcements for Monday, March 14, 2016
Today is Monday, March 14, 2016
Seven Period Day, Day 7A
- Students who participate in the following sports or organizations need to report today during lunch in the first floor hallway outside the bookstore for bazaar mat signing: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Wrestling, and Band.
- Bazaar t-shirts will be sold all this week during lunch in the Commons. Shirts are $10.00 each and can be worn this Friday in place the regular school uniform shirt.
- All seniors from last season’s varsity football team should report to the football office today during the school day or immediately after school to sign items for the Bazaar.
- All interested students and faculty are invited to an informative presentation on the topic of stress and anxiety in teens today during the lunch period in Room 329. The presenter is Ochsner psychiatrist, Dr. Alvin Rouchell, of the class of 1962. Please see Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office if you have any questions.
- The golf team will face Newman this afternoon starting at 4:00 at Lakewood.
- The JV baseball team will host St. Augustine this afternoon starting at 4:30 at John Ryan Stadium.
- The Urban Farming Club will have an organizational meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 115 to plan our spring garden. All current and new members are encouraged to attend and help us grow.
- The Intramural Golf Club begins play tomorrow at City Park. Tee times begin at 4 pm. Please see Mr. Schiro if you plan to participate.
- The intramural basketball play-off brackets have been posted. Play-off games begin tomorrow. Captains from winning teams should continue to fill out score cards and return them to Room 114 after each game.
- The Archdiocesan College Fair will be held tonight from 6 to 8 pm at the Pontchartrain Convention Center in Kenner. Admission and alumni representatives from across the country will be available to discuss their programs and their admission process.
- Admission representatives from University of Georgia and University of South Alabama will be available during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- Varsity Bowling prevailed over Holy Cross on Thursday by a score of 20 to 7. High bowlers included Peyton Schillaci with a 517 series and Adam Francis with a 210 game and 553 series. Congratulations, bowlers.
- The Jays Rugby Team competed against many teams from around the country in the Jesuit Dallas Rugby Showdown and brought home the tournament’s championship trophy — “The Boot”. The most notable victory was the 12-11 win over the nationally-ranked Houston-area Katy Barbarians. Congratulations.