Announcements for Monday, February 15, 2016
Today is Monday, February 15, 2016
Regular Order, Day 7
- Ever wonder why all the houses in New Orleans are sinking? It’s because of all the bags of Mardi Gras beads piled up in the attics. Save your home’s foundation while also supporting a good cause by donating your beads to St. Michael Special School, where the adult clients at the Joy Center sort them and resell them. Beads should be placed in the bin outside the library.
- All 8th grade basketball players should report to the locker room at the start of lunch.
- Student 2 Student will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- Any junior or any sophomore currently taking American history who is interested in going to Washington D.C. this summer through the Close Up program should contact Mr. Trosclair by Wednesday.
- The bowling team will face Rummel this afternoon starting at 3:35 at All-Star Lanes.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Catholic High on Tuesday night in the quarterfinal round of the state playoffs starting at 6:30.
- Students interested in learning more about the Ochsner STAR summer program should attend an informational meeting tomorrow at the start of the lunch period in Room 329.
- Intramural basketball continues today. Check the schedule posted on the first floor bulletin board.
- An admission representative from University of Holy Cross, formerly Our Lady of Holy Cross College, will be available today during lunch in Room 122.
- Varsity Bowling chalked up a win in its most recent match, defeating St. Michael the Archangel by a score of 16 to 11. High bowlers included Trent Greco, with a 513 series; Adam Francis, with a 201 game; Jose Cusco, with a 200 game and a 502 series; and Peyton Hidalgo, with a 204 game and a 575 series. Congratulations, bowlers.
- The Jesuit rugby team defeated Christian Brothers Memphis 17-0 in the A side match with try’s from Bryce Duffy, Case Ellis, and Alex Esparza. Scott Derbies had a notable conversion. The B side match was won 24-0 with try’s from Daniel Daviller, Gabe Massey, Patrick Breu, and Leith A. Ian Fogarty was awarded “man of the match” for the A-side match. Daniel Daviller was given the honor for the B-side. Congratulations.
- 9th grade basketball team earned tough victories over Riverside and Archbishop Rummel, improving its record to 21-4 overall.