Announcements for Friday, February 5, 2016
Today is Friday, February 5, 2016
Regular Order, Day 1
- Attention all artists: please submit your photography, visual art, poems, short stories, and essays to Calliope, Jesuit’s Art and Literary Magazine. Deadline is the Friday after Mardi Gras break, Feb. 19. Please email your submission to Mr. Wyss or Mr. Smith.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Sportsmen’s Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 313.
- All JV soccer players who did not receive a program should pick one up from Mr. Chapoton by the end of school today in the Classics Office, Room 414.
- The Chess Team will meet today after school in Room 220.
- The varsity basketball team will host John Curtis tonight starting at 7:00 in the gym. The JV game begins at 5:45 while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- Mu Alpha Theta students attending the state convention must sign the sheet on the bulletin board in order to indicate any room group preference. Final room groups will be registered with the state on Friday. See bulletin board for more information.
- Students taking the ACT test at Jesuit on Saturday will not be permitted to park in the school parking lots. Be sure to arrive early enough to find a place to park and be on time for the test.
- After receiving a bye in the opening round of the state playoffs, the soccer team will host the winner of the Sulphur vs. West Monroe game on Wednesday or Thursday of next week (Feb. 10 or 11) at John Ryan Stadium. Please check the website for game details.
- The wrestling team will compete in the state tournament next Friday and Saturday, Feb. 12 and 13, in Bossier City.
- On Tuesday, the basketball team defeated Holy Cross 51-36. leading the defensive effort,that held Holy Cross to 19 points for the first three quarters, were Michael Hull and Will Hillery. The offensive effort was led by the play of Mark Beebe and Hunt Conroy who scored 13 points each. Congratulations.
- Varsity Bowling notched its first victory of the season with a defeat of Bonnabel by a score of 23 to 4. High bowlers included Jose Cusco with a 537 series, Adam Francis with a 201 game and 541 series, and Peyton Hidalgo with a 212 game and a 527 series. Congratulations, bowlers.