Announcements for Thursday, January 7, 2016
Today is Thursday, January 7, 2016
Regular Order, Day 6
- All juniors will report today at the beginning of lunch to the auditorium. Enter the auditorium through the back entrance at Solomon St.
- Homeroom Representatives, please empty your recycling bin into the green bin at the end of the hall. Teachers in non-homeroom classrooms and labs please ask a student volunteer to empty your recycling bin at some point today.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day to support the basketball team as they open district play Friday night in the gym vs. Holy Cross. Tip-off for varsity is set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The Sodality and the Class of 1984 are collecting items for the Harry Tompson Center, which serves the homeless in New Orleans. The center is in need of men’s coats, winter hats and gloves, and backpacks. These items can be lightly used. The center also needs men’s underwear and socks. These items should be new. Please place donations in one of the bins on the first and second floors. Donations will be accepted through next Friday.
- The Herpetology Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, will hold its first meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 220. Anyone interested in joining this year’s staff as a reader or editor should attend.
- PrePrandials will meet today during the first half of lunch in room 314.
- The Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 227.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Green Club will meet in the Commons today after school for a pick up.
- Barbershop Blue Jays rehearse today after school until 4:15 pm in Room 201.
- The Sodality will have its Induction Mass for all grade levels this evening at 5:30 pm in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs. Parents of new Sodalists are welcome to attend. All Sodalists are expected to attend.
- The 8th grade basketball team will play at Rummel this evening starting at 5:30.
- Mu Alpha Theta and Chi Alpha Mu members who would like to participate in the Brother Martin Math Tournament, to be held Saturday, Jan. 16, should check their side of the bulletin board outside of the Math Office for sign-up sheet and permission slips. Permission slips must be turned in tomorrow by the end of lunch.
- Any student interested in becoming a manager for the varsity baseball team should see Coach Latino tomorrow after school in the baseball office.
- Intramural basketball captains and co-captains will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 329. Intramural registration forms are due at the meeting.
- Juniors and seniors who would like to take the “Do What You Are” Career Assessment may sign up in the Guidance Office, or see their counselor.
- Any students interested in doing a day of service on the Martin Luther King holiday (Monday, Jan. 18) should see Mr. Murphy in Room 206 for more information.